Most of us enjoy indulging our sweet tooth now and then. Sugars are simple carbohydrates and go by many names: cane sugar, beet sugar, corn syrup, fructose, dextrose, sucrose or others. Sugar wreaks havoc with your health.
Doctors recommend that no more than 10-12 percent of your total caloric intake come from added sugars.
Watch out for artificial sweeteners they are real trouble and worst than sugar. They can cause headaches, dizziness, menstrual problems and show some evidence of contributing to bladder cancer. So bottom line, eat less processed foods and more whole foods!! Stay Tuned, in touch and healthy! 🙂
Valerie’s Monthly Share Tip: Drink Responsibly.
- Don’t drink from or use plastic water bottles. Invest in a stainless steel or glass water bottle. Plastic bottles can leach harmful chemicals into your bottle.
- Drink before, during and after exercise.
- Higher levels of water intake correspond to reduced rates of kidney and gall stones.
- Men require more water than women due to their higher fat-free mass and energy expenditure
- Age diminishes your ability to sense dehydration and ability to concentrate urine to save water.