- Set a sleep schedule(no matter what): get to bed at night and up in the morning at the same time. Warm baths, music, meditation may help you fall asleep faster
- Exercise: aerobic exercise can help you fall asleep more easily. Best not to do right before bed
- Make your bedroom conducive to sleep/peace and relaxation: Keep your bedroom dark and cool. Use ear plugs if noise bothers you and sleep mask if light is an issue.
- Limits naps during the day.
- Don’t toss and turn: if you can’t sleep after 20 minutes, get up. Do something soothing: read, listen to music, light a candle, warm tea, etc., until you’re tired.